Join UChicago Medicine, as an Sourcing Category Leader in the Supply Chain Department. This position offers some remote flexibility along with some requirement to be on-site at our Hyde Park, IL location.
In this role, the Category Sourcing Leader develops sourcing strategy for specified key spend categories to achieve key organizational and departmental goals.
- Reviews and selects appropriate suppliers
- Works with Materials Admin team to negotiate contracts and ensure that terms of established contracts are maintained and properly executed
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- SOURCING: Leads Sourcing Teams and Value Analysis Teams (VAT) under direction of Assistant Director, Strategic Sourcing. Independently secures data from suppliers and internal sources, and performs effective analysis of findings to DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT and MONITOR supplier strategies and relationships in all aspects of cost, quality, delivery, technology and service
- PROCUREMENT: Conducts industry and product research, and leads supplier meetings. Assists in the solicitation of Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Quote (RFQs) and Requests for Proposal (RFPs) as required by Assistant Director. Gathers and compiles information from a variety of sources to contribute to analyses
- CONTRACT SUPPORT: Executes contract renewals, service and maintenance agreements, and unique sourcing activities for assigned categories. Prepares negotiation plan and executes under direction of Assistant Director
- LEAN: Supports Lean process initiatives through use of 5S, Value Stream Maps, and Kaizen improvement events. Recognizes opportunities to maximize savings and increase efficiencies through shorter cycle times, first time quality measures, and process mapping, and drives changes accordingly
- COMMUNICATION: Provides effective communication to management, co-workers, and suppliers to establish collaborative communication, especially as related to activity status of supply chain initiatives. Serves as a professional and knowledgeable representative of organization to outside suppliers
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Actively engages in professional development to maintain current skills and knowledge of business trends and best practices
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree; required in Business, Supply Chain, Purchasing
- Requires one (1) to three (3) years of previous job-related experience
- Requires strong analytical abilities including high aptitude for Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Word. Strategic Sourcing and Total Cost of Ownership improvement process experience
- Master's Degree; preferred
3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Lean/Process Improvement, process mapping, and Six Sigma experience strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience NOT REQUIRED
- Materials - Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP)
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0) ; 8-hour shifts
- Shift: Days Monday-Friday (8am-5pm) No weekends! HYBRID REMOTE
- Unit/Department: Strategic Sourcing
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website