Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Director, Service Delivery
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine, in a strategic and innovative role as the Director of Service Delivery for the UChicago Medicine IT division. Here, you will have the opportunity to optimize our enterprise-wide managed service programs and establish a high-functioning team that delivers products & solutions for our growing healthcare organization.
Read the Organizational Overview section below to learn more about our award-winning team of patient focused professionals.
In this role, the Director of Service Delivery is responsible for setting the overall direction, standards, design and strategy for service delivery across the UCM health system; this includes the Biological Science Division (BSD) & the Community Health & Hospital Division (CHHD). These services are required at multiple locations within the Chicagoland area and Northwest Indiana. The Director works in collaboration with the other IT leaders to ensure business goals are being met as it pertains to the delivery of support shared services. This position will be responsible for ensuring that a disciplined process for all service delivery is followed including key performance indicators, service level commitments, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement in service delivery and creative thinking in exceeding our customer expectations across the health system. This position is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Service Desk, Field Services, Audio-Visual, Video Conferencing, and Change Management Teams. Knowledge of key infrastructure functions, technologies, applications and services are a requirement of this position.
Director of Service Delivery Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership & direction for all support service teams (Field Services & Service Desk). This includes but is not limited to: Service Offerings, Service Costs, SLA's, KPI's & Service Recovery
- Proactively develop new IT support services and implement change within the team as needed to support new service offerings
- Work in collaboration with other leaders to ensure technology platforms meet business requirements per the UCM IT Standards
- Manage the Service Desk, Field Services, Audio-Visual/Videoconferencing, and Change Management teams across the health system
- Work with UCM IT and UCM Clinical & Business leadership to set the overall direction and standards for service delivery across the health system
- Perform other duties assigned
- Professional Development
- Accountable for individual technical & customer service training of teams
- Accountable for career guidance and professional development for teams
- Service Improvements
- Leverage people, process and procedures to provide level 1 and level 2 support of all infrastructure and applications of the UCM health system
- Elevate the capabilities of the UCM IT Service Desk to increase “First Call” resolution, decrease wait times, decrease repeat service requests, measure customer satisfaction
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently implemented
- Monitor the effectiveness of the team and drive change, as needed, to improve and refine service delivery
- Develop monthly service report cards for all infrastructure and service delivery teams
- Establish and maintain relationships with Clinical and Administrative customers across the health system
- Manage vendor relationships
- Interfaces with key clinical & business leaders across the health system regularly through SLAs and QBR of shared services offerings as well as attending regular MDI (Managing for Daily Improvement) Huddles
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Strengthen Collaboration – you put the organizations interests and customer needs ahead of your own. You identify and create effective working collaborations with others; establish good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and offer support. You present sound reasons and recommendations that link to the needs of those impacted; obtain agreement to support ideas; leverage win-win solutions to ensure others take action.
- Create Value – you gather insights into what creates value; promote ongoing evaluation of the patient and customer circumstances, expectations and needs. You determine the processes, systems and behaviors that directly impact how the patient and customer feel. You proactively improve, through one's role, the patient and customer experience; consistently positions the value of UCMC so the patient and customer recommend us to their family, friends and community.
- Promote Innovation – you combine ideas in a unique way or make connections between ideas that may appear to be different; explore situations from multiple perspectives, seek alternative ways to define problems. You are open to diverse thoughts and approaches by others. You test solutions, gather feedback on effectiveness, review impact on the results and modify appropriately to product expected results.
- Deliver Results – you establish a vision how to achieve superior results, create challenging goals that are aligned to the vision; clearly communicate expectations and gain agreement. You maintain self-discipline; follow-up consistently and regularly; measure progress and evaluate results; reprioritize as appropriate; prevent irrelevant issues from creating distractions. You work tenaciously to overcome obstacles and to meet or exceed goals; you adjust resources to achieve priorities; take pride in delivering superior results; hold others accountable for their actions. You enlist others to move toward higher levels of performance; generate enthusiasm for potential accomplishments.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience required
- 10 years of IT leadership experience required
- Must have a solid understanding of ITIL practices and guiding principles
- Experience with development, implementation, and adoption of Service Delivery Frameworks is needed
- Needs to have experience in measuring progress of service programs against established metrics such as revenue, expense management, utilization metric, delivery quality, and customer satisfaction
- Must be an independent problem-solver. Will need to sort through issues and conduct comparative analysis of multiple solutions
- The ability to work in a team environment or independently is expected
- Excellent listening and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-through required
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership and presentation skills required
- Must have the ability and confidence to work closely with and advise senior executives
- Must be able to organize and delegate tasks, coordinate projects and be willing to advise others
- Skilled in project management and work plan development and implementation required
- Healthcare or related field experience is preferred
- Experience with a Managed Service Provider is preferred
- An Advanced degree (Masters) is preferred
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine” and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website