Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in a thought-driven and innovative role as the Graduate Medical Education Finance Compliance Specialist with our Graduate Medical Education division. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients, trainees, and faculty and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
Under the general direction of the Graduate Medical Education Finance Director, the position is responsible for overall monitoring and reconciliation of graduate medical education financial interactions. This includes fiscal/collection management, administrative policy development, and data/report management with an emphasis on auditing and compliance. The individual will develop collaborative relationships between the GME office and preparers of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Cost report, financial/budgeting and clinical education departments. External contacts include attorneys, executive administrators, section managers, program directors, program coordinators and networking with other academic medical centers. As a member of the GME Team, the individual must work collaboratively and professionally. Requires an extensive working knowledge of database management including creating ad hoc reports and analyzing/reconciling data. Must have advanced Excel skills and ability to present information to various audiences in a professional manner. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to compile educational materials for end user as required.
- Achieving Breakthroughs: Service, Quality, People, Financial, and Growth
- AIDET Communication: Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You
- PRIDE Values: Participation, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence
- Adhere to UCMC Policies, including compliance with federal and state laws and accrediting body regulations
- Must have a Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business, finance or accounting from an accredited academic body.
- Must have an understanding finance and budgeting practices including the process associated with budgeting, collection, cost center bookkeeping and monitoring.
- Must have 3 or more years of experience working in a setting outside of experience gained through an academic program.
- Previous experience with database entry, maintenance, and ad hoc reports is required.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have excellent analytical abilities and understand good data practices and the impact of data decisions on the overall operation.
- A willingness to learn new systems is required.
- Must be proficient in operating a personal computer with Microsoft Office software to include advanced skills in Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point.
- Must have a proven ability to plan, organize and work on various tasks concurrently and meet ongoing deadlines and schedules.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to handle large volumes of data with a high rate of accuracy.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills are required.
- Must be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, both internal and external.
- Must have the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Must have the ability to research, collect, interpret, and present data as well as recommend solutions and methods of implementation.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new rules and regulations is required.
- Previous experience with MedHub, E*Value, New Innovations or equivalent systems is preferred.
- Previous Graduate Medical Education experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate PRIDE Values – you actively demonstrate UCMC values in your work and relationships. You encourage others to model the behaviors and proactively identify gaps.
- You Value Participation – you take initiative to act and get things done; do what you say you will do, when you will do it; perform your work to the best of your ability every day. You share the workload; assist and encourage your coworkers; appreciate the gifts, talents, and expertise of others. You deal with conflicts in a nonjudgmental and unemotional manner.
- Promote Innovation – you combine ideas in a unique way or make connections between ideas that may appear to be different; explore situations from multiple perspectives, seek alternative ways to define problems. You are open to diverse thoughts and approaches by others. You test solutions, gather feedback on effectiveness, review impact on the results and modify appropriately to product expected results.
- Accelerate Change – you quickly recognize the various inputs that impact successful results; you determine steps required to achieve successful outcomes; adjusts work and timelines as needs and priorities change; motivates others to gain commitment. You apply understanding of industry, UCMC and one's own role to successfully advance the organization's performance. You recognize the potential of continuous improvement and utilize the 5S methodology.
- Make Thoughtful Decisions – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website