Mammography Technologist -Mammography
Shift: 40 Hours per Week (1.0) / Day hours- Different shifts may take place
Under the direction of a Radiologist, produces breast radiographs to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease for both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. This position requires intimate patient contact, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with initiative and accuracy. Responsibilities include diagnostic imaging, patient education, data collection, and regulatory compliance.
This position is held for those technologists that are attempting to earn advanced ARRT certification for the advanced modality in which they have been hired or promoted. The Department of Radiology policy # 0005 stipulates that Technologists are required to hold advanced certification in these specialty imaging modalities within 1 year of hire for CT, Radiography, Mammography and MRI and 2 years for IR.
- High school graduate or equivalency required.
- Certificate from approved AMA program in Radiological Technology required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a radiographer, certified by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
- Previous clinical experience performing both screening and diagnostic mammographs
- Be certificate eligible for American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Certification Board (NMTCB), American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT) or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- ARRT Certification
- Licensure by the State of Illinois (IEMA)
- CPR Certification
Apply on company website