Manager, Specialty Call Center
Department: 370705 – SPECIALTY ACCESS HUBS
Shift: 40 hours per week (1.0) / Day Shift / Monday-Friday
UCMC/BSD is committed to a patient-centric, efficient health care delivery system that focuses on quality, safety, service and operational excellence. The Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the specialty call centers and actively supports the mission and initiatives of UCMC/BSD by leading and exemplifying a patient oriented, high quality efficient health care delivery system. The Manager promotes excellence in all areas of the specialty call center registration and scheduling services to support the ideal patient experience and works collaboratively with the Director for Patient Access Services to ensure that specialty call center standards are met and process improvement efforts are completed, including the adoption of new technology. Working with the Director for Patient Access Services and Practice Administrators, the Manager is responsible for the:
- Specialty Call Center access management
- Patient registration and scheduling services
- Quality, safety, risk management and compliance
- Personnel management
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the day to day work processes in the specialty call center hubs to promote patient centric, high quality efficient patient access and service delivery.
- Ensures that ambulatory access standards pertinent to each call center hub are maintained to increase operational efficiency, enhance revenue and address organizational customer satisfaction objectives in all operations.
- Works with the Director of Ambulatory Patient Access Services to develop and implement scheduling strategies to support the attainment of departmental strategic goals and specific ambulatory productivity and revenue benchmarks for each specialty.
- Extracts and analyzes patient access data to identify performance metrics, and dashboard reports for call center productivity and quality related to registration and scheduling, and patient satisfaction scores
- Monitors patient access data and patient satisfaction scores. Works with the Director and Practice Administrators to identify, report, and resolve concerns, shortcomings and service excellence related to the specialty call center access services.
- Maintains current in knowledge of the call center industry standards and evolving technologies. Works with the Director and Information Services to promote and evaluate new technology adoption and software upgrades for the call centers within established timelines.
- Participates in medical center committees' initiatives related to the specialty call center patient access services, registration and scheduling services, and patient satisfaction.
- Collaborates with Practice Administrators to utilize the patient appointment reminder technology to maximize patient visit volumes, grow ambulatory services, increase patient satisfaction and promote customer loyalty.
- Works collaboratively with the Director and Practice Administrators to report and resolve customer concerns, identify shortcomings and institute measures to promote quality, manage risks, and improve customer service.
- Bachelors in Nursing, Business Administration, Telecommunications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five or more years of management experience in a multi-specialty health care environment, preferably an academic medical center
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation. Able to function independently as well as interdependently
- Ability to multitask and operate within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in improving workflow/processes and satisfaction
- Expertise in patient registration; scheduling; third party payers requisites for access, referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications; benefit eligibility screening; and verification of coverage
- Experience managing the operations of a large call center to attain institutional/departmental strategic access and productivity goals, and to promote a positive work environment for employees
- Expertise in data extraction, data analysis, performance metrics, dashboards and preparation of professional reports and presentations
- EPIC or other EMR experience preferred.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website