Manager, Supply Chain Operations
Location: Hyde Park, IL
Manager, Supply Chain Operations: The Supply Chain Department seeks a highly motivated and experienced Manager, Supply Chain Operations to provide financial and operational responsibility for the supply storeroom, JIT program, shipping/receiving, and courier services.
Manager, Supply Chain Operations – Job Summary:
The Manager, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for implementing cost savings through supply cost reduction, inventory optimization, and operational improvements while ensuring availability of supplies by maintaining an effective internal and external supply chain process. Position includes strong partnering and collaboration with medical, administration and clinical/nursing leadership. Continually evaluates progress toward objectives and maintains efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
Manager, Supply Chain Operations – Essential Job Functions:
- Works with nurses, physicians and other UCMC staff to ensure departmental supply needs are met while reducing operational cost.
- Leads in the implementation of Lean practices including 5S, pull system, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) in managing this area to drive continuous improvement in all operational metrics.
- Manage JIT inventory process from distribution to various requesting locations.
- Achieve cost reductions through optimizing JIT supply orders.
- Provides effective communication to administration, faculty, management and staff to establish collaborative communication and understanding of the organization mission and strategic goals necessary to achieve operational goals.
- Meets regularly with other departments and direct reports to facilitate communication, goal setting and decision making.
- Participates in establishing standards for quality, safety and service.
- Coordinates, assesses, and approves special projects.
- Develops staff and management to use abilities and talents to accomplish goals.
- Regularly evaluates staff and management and provides feedback related to achievement of established organizational and departmental goals.
- Reviews, monitors and documents employee performance, attendance and behavior.
- Creates an environment that fosters employee engagement.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance with all Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Analyzes supply chain data within Inventory Management System to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Works with Supply Chain Assist.
- Director to identify new technologies to enhance supply chain operations.
- Key member of various UCM VAT teams.
- Provides support and ideas regarding new supplies, supply conversions, and trails to ensure all changes are seamless and properly communicated.
- Works with Supply Chain Management team to ensure consistency in processes.
- Designs and implements communication tools within the facility to provide timely information regarding stock availability, recall alerts and other information as required.
Manager, Supply Chain Operations – Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or healthcare management or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, compile complex reports and develop presentations.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills required.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to deal in stressful situations and deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to lead work teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Manager, Supply Chain Operations – Preferred Experience:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Strongly prefers a minimum of six (6) years of previous job-related experience; prefers a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
- Prefers a minimum of 2-3 years Healthcare leadership experience.
- Prefers a minimum of five (5) years previous management experience.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics
Apply on company website