Medical Technologist, Rapid Response Laboratory, Full-time Evenings, Chicago, IL.
In this role, the Medical Technologist will perform blood gas analysis, and aide in specimen receiving as well as a wide range of clinical testing utilizing a variety of methodologies and instrumentation; which may include urinalysis, coagulation, and chemistry testing. As a top-tier comprehensive academic medical center, we take patient care and safety very seriously, and we follow laboratory policies and procedures and in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements in order to provide results of the highest level of quality to physicians and their patients.
Medical Technologist - Rapid Response Lab Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must satisfy CLIA 88 qualification requirements for testing personnel performing high complexity testing.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or related field from an accredited college or university,
- Certification or eligibility as medical technologist (MT) through American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), or equivalent preferred.
- At least one year of pertinent laboratory experience post-BS degree and previous Rapid Response Lab experience preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use laboratory/hospitals information systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use automated and conventional laboratory equipment.
- Ability to stand, stretch, and bend for majority of time worked; ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and within time constraints
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront, University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website