Patient Service Representative
743 Clerical Union Posting Dates: 1/14/2020 - 1/20/2020
Shift: Full Time - 8-hour shift - Days
Department: Float Pool
UCM truly works at the Forefront of Medicine -- providing the best and most advanced care available. Here, collaboration is the key to high-quality patient care and our employees work side-by-side with internationally recognized physicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals.
UCMC is committed to a patient-centric, efficient health care delivery system that focuses on quality, safety, service, and operational excellence. The Patient Services Representative (PSR) is the primary employee responsible for coordinating post-appointment activities including collection, review and update of all practice specific forms, printing of the After Visit Summary (AVS), communication of payment policies regarding current services and prior balances, collection of payments, assistance with scheduling follow up appointments and procedures using appropriate medical terminology, and notification of Valet Services if applicable to expedite automobile retrieval. The Patient Services Representative is also responsible for coordinating appropriate insurance clearances for the patient if not otherwise completed.
- High School Diploma required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to use independent thinking, sound judgment and creativity when resolving customer issues
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively handle challenging situations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic office skills including 35 wpm typing and 4500 key stokes an hour.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter alpha numeric data on screen
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Ability to use personal computers and select software applications including Epic
- Successful completion of competencies related to the Cadence Scheduling system
- Successful completion of competencies related to the Point of Service Collection policy
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Prior experience in a practice setting preferred including in depth knowledge of appropriate insurance protocols
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website