Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Pharmacy 340B Program Senior Audit Analyst - Full-time Days, Chicago, IL.
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, as a Pharmacy 340B Program Senior Audit Analyst.
This person is responsible for conducting audits and supporting (third party) audits of the pharmacy 340(b) program for all qualified entities within the organization, including retail and contract pharmacy relationships. Such audit/(audit support) includes auditing to ensure qualifications for the program are met and maintained; auditing to ensure that related records are complete and accurate; and audits to ensure all primary objectives as defined by leadership are consistently achieved. Three primary objectives or goals include:
- Compliance Audits - Assuring all use of 340(b) throughout the institution (including retail and contract pharmacies) is fully compliant with all federal regulations and related interpretations for the program.
- Maximum Participation Audits - Assuring the institution is achieving maximum utilization of 340(b) pricing through full participation in all qualified areas with all applicable products, including inpatient contracts, to insure greatest cost savings returns throughout the institution
- Efficiency of 340(b) Processes Audits - Assuring that all policies, procedures, and related approaches to 340(b) include the most efficient use of resources
The effectiveness of this position can be measured via monthly audit reports, analysis, exception review, audit findings, manufacturer inquiries (audits) and third party annual audits to review requirements to manage the program and the results of any new innovative programs identified which will increase savings and/or better serve patients of the institution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting OR substantial 340B program experience including 340B Prime Vendor Certification
- Minimum 3 years' experience in business analysis in a healthcare environment.
- Experience/skill in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Auditing, analysis, and reporting
- Communication and presentation skills
- Customer focus and relationship building
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skill
- Preferred: Audit skills, knowledge of 340B program and pharmacy purchasing, EPIC (or similar EHR), Third Party Administrator Software (ex. Macro Helix), Wholesaler purchasing systems
- Pharmacy technician license (preferred)
- 340B Prime Vendor Program certification (preferred)
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront, University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website