Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Senior Medical Technologist - Hematology Lab - Full-time, Chicago, IL.
The Senior Medical Technologist in our Hematology Lab Flow Cytometry section performs a wide range of clinical analyses in the flow cytometry section including diagnostic flow cytometry for leukemia and lymphoma and operates a state-of-the-art integrated instrument system. The senior tech will be responsible for section technical guidance, quality control, instrument maintenance, instrument and method development and validation. Works collaboratively with colleagues, participates in process improvement projects, and trains MT students.
Senior Medical Technologist- Hematology Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least four years of relevant clinical flow cytometry experience.
- Demonstrated competence in development and implementation of laboratory developed tests (LDT).
- Ability to use and understand basic statistical concepts and methods that are commonly utilized in clinical laboratory science.
- Knowledge and ability to use laboratory hospitals information systems.
- Bachelor's in an advanced clinical laboratory science or related field, from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred
- Must satisfy CLIA 88 qualification requirements for general supervisor who oversees testing personnel performing high complexity testing.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to stand, stretch, and bend for majority of time worked; ability to lift up to 30 pounds; exceptional organizational ability; ability to work in stress situations; attention to detail mandatory
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website