Social Worker, Ambulatory Department, Full Time, Days, UChicago Medicine Care Network, Downtown Chicago, IL
We're hiring a Social Worker for the Center for our River East Ambulatory Care Center, Downtown Chicago, IL. This position will be Full-Time, Days.
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, where social workers play an integral role in providing the best possible care for every patient during his or her hospital stay and outpatient treatment. Become a part of our division where we are guided by core professional values promoting service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
In this role, you are a member of a multidisciplinary team who provides consultation, assessment, and interventions for patients and families in need of emotional, social or psychological support.
- Develops and leads or co-leads support and/or psycho educational groups for designated patient/family populations as appropriate.
- Collaboratively formulates appropriate and realistic discharge plans, working with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team and available community based organizations including the Wyler Child Protective Services team and DCFS.
- Performs case management functions including information and referral services and linkages to appropriate hospital resources as well as community based organizations.
- Serves as consultant and educator both formally and informally to the care and multidisciplinary teams regarding biopsychosocial components of illness and hospitalization.
- Attends and participates in multidisciplinary patient care rounds as available.
- Provides administrative coverage when requested.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participates in data collection process for social work.
- Develops accurate psychosocial assessments which examine the current problems as well as relevant biopsychosocial and environmental factors.
- Develops and implements appropriate treatment plans, utilizing various psychotherapeutic intervention relative to emotional adjustment to illness, injury, and/or hospitalization.
- Supports the philosophy and objectives of the patient Services Sector.
- Demonstrates awareness of and compliance with Hospital policies and procedures.
- Complies with standards and regulations of licensure, regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Complies with the legal requirements as a mandated reporter to appropriate governmental agencies, such as DCFS.
- Participates regularly in group or in individual supervision in order to promote professional development. Provides individual supervision to other social workers or to students if director judges worker as ready to take on supervisory responsibilities.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures as outlines in the Social Work Administrative manual.
- Assesses own need for professional growth and development and seeks appropriate resources to meet needs.
- Attends continuing education programs either as attendee or presenter.
- Belongs to appropriate professional and/or specialty organizations.
- Involved in promoting Social Work within the hospital through Social Work month, in services, lectures, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Social Worker Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree in Social Work from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required.
- Must possess current state of Illinois Social Work License (LSW required, LCSW preferred).
- Previous clinical social work experience in a health care setting of at least one year required.
- Previous experience in an acute-care hospital setting preferred.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website