Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Shift: Full time, Nights
Schedule: 3 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend rotation. (7:30am-8:00pm)
Under the direction of the Staffing Resource Office Manager, provide staffing functions to a variety of Patient Care Services' departments. Requires extensive knowledge, understanding and utilization of the hospital's scheduling, acuity, payroll and HR compliance tracking systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Requires excellent customer service skills due to extensive interaction with both internal and external audiences, staff, and leadership at all levels. Essential skills include the ability to follow standard work, participation in managing for daily improvement, understanding and complying with union requirements, handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast pace environment and exercising sound judgment and decision-making using strong prioritization skills
- Motivated individual with a customer focus approach toward internal as well as external customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in business or health-care related field preferred.
- 1-2 years staffing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with scheduling and acuity Information Systems preferred.
- 2-3 years progressively responsible administrative experience in an academic or hospital environment preferred.
- Strong customer service, organizational, written communication, and problem solving abilities required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, due to extensive interaction with various internal departments, external vendors, staff and leadership at all levels.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new systems.
- Demonstrate ability to handle large volumes of work expeditiously, to meet deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Must have a professional demeanor, be able to work independently and take initiative in following all tasks to completion.
- Working knowledge of office machines (i.e. copier, fax).
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team and to foster a positive work environment.
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Act with Courage & Conviction – you look at interactions, activities and processes to maximize the patient, customer and employee experience; speaks up for point of view with confidence even when the topic is controversial; shares point of view in a manner that builds support. You alert the right person when expectations or standards are not met or when UCMC's values are at risk. You ensure proper resolution is achieved and an explanation is received; escalates appropriately if needed
- Make Thoughtful Decisions – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Demonstrate Emotional Intelligence – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision
- Demonstrate PRIDE Values – you actively demonstrate UCMC values in your work and relationships. You encourage others to model the behaviors and proactively identify gaps.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website