UDR, Inc. is now hiring an Assistant Project Manager - Asset Quality to join our team supporting properties in the greater Boston area.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Facilitate and assist in managing the capital construction/renovation projects, major property insurance claims, and to provide general expertise related to repair and maintenance at multiple communities within a defined market-based territory. Assist in organizing each assigned project, managing all project work plan related tasks, leading and directing the resources, and team with other key players to coordinate the activities of staff, residents, and vendors.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Vice President - Asset Quality, or Senior Project Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A*
*Will direct vendors, contractors, and some members of the project team
1. Provide coordination in the construction of complex projects to include all phases of construction from conceptualization to build out.
2. Assist with the planning, design approvals, special project management, permitting and construction of projects.
3. Define the scope of the proposed project(s), estimate costs prior to initiating the bid process, prepare bid packages, solicit multiple qualified bidders, schedule the work, monitor, and supervise the work, review and approve applications for payment, and report on the status of all such work. Such work may involve multiple consultants, suppliers and/or contractors.
4. Provide written and oral communications to the Operations Team to keep them apprised of work and manage their expectations.
5. Assist in the management and direct the design and construction process for the projects assigned and will have a bottom-line responsibility for building the project on time, on budget, and within the pre-established quality parameters.
6. Prepare, monitor, and control the cost estimates and budgets.
7. Review, negotiate, and recommend for approval contracts with design and construction professionals.
8. Conduct frequent detailed inspections of construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design, and construction methodology as well as controls.
9. Report inspection findings on a regular basis and provide status updates related to schedule and cost control.
10. Identify, evaluate, and disseminate any relevant new construction technology.
11. Coordinate with Insurance Adjusters and emergency services contractors as needed at assigned properties.
12. Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
13. Conduct due diligence inspections at new acquisitions as or if needed.
14. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge of fiscal management. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve company issues.
- Ability to understand and follow proper safety techniques in accordance with company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards, and immediately reports any equipment malfunctions injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the appropriate individual(s).
- Functional understanding of general financial principles. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations and permitting. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply concepts of mathematical skills to add and subtract numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percents.
- This position requires experience and expertise in project planning and management; in analysis of operations for the purpose of proposing innovative solutions to problems; and in organizing, writing, and editing information to make it meaningful to a wide array of audiences, including high level executives. Must have the ability to adjust plans and schedules to respond to crisis situations and to withstand pressure attributable to meeting the changing needs of company executives. Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Polished interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively present information to top management, contractor, and project team members. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills necessary to resolve customer, vendor, and contractor issues and negotiate work schedules as appropriate.
- Skilled in the use of spreadsheet, relational database, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty pounds independently and fifty pounds with assistance. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Some evening or weekend work. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function. Travel estimated between 25%-50%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Technology Management, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Minimum of five years' successful project management or leadership and implementation experience on projects required.
3. Knowledge of and experience using any mainstream project management tool such as Primavera, Rational Portfolio Manager, or Microsoft Project is required.
4. Must have demonstrated experience in base development, capital improvements, real estate, and construction projects.
5. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website