GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This is an unarmed patrol position that provides services designed to assist the management in identifying, preventing, and responding to threats to the physical security of the apartment community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Sr. Community Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Conduct routine patrols of the premises as necessary to identify and respond to actual and potential disturbances and to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
- Identify and post appropriate notices on abandoned and/or improperly licensed or parked vehicles and notify the rental office of the same.
- Inspect and confirm the working order for all outside lighting (exterior poles, pool, buildings and breezeways).
- Conduct nightly (or more frequently as necessary) security checks of the community, to ensure that the office, common areas, gates, and service facilities are locked.
- Take reasonable steps to immediately remedy security breaches and disturbances, and to ensure that appropriate law enforcement responds to disturbances when necessary. Notify management of security breaches and disturbances.
- Ensure appropriate access at all breezeways, hallways or landings by not allowing residents or their guests to unreasonably congregate.
- Submit the required written reports which shall include security check and disturbance report and response times, actions, and observations.
- Identify and respond to trespassers when necessary. If issuing summons to trespassers as a law enforcement officer, provide a copy to management.
- Warn tenants and guests of rule infractions or violations.
- Meet with the manager on a weekly basis (at a minimum).
- Park official police vehicle on the apartment community premises when present on the premises and off-duty from law enforcement employment, where permitted by the employing law enforcement agency.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of an emergency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of community policies and procedures. Knowledge of an ability to follow proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
Ability to effectively present information to management. Ability to write reports. Skilled in talking to residents, guests, and others to convey information effectively.
Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, and community. Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must exhibit a mature, professional demeanor.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, and vehicle. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Part time evening and weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed or commissioned law enforcement officer in good standing of the state or local government having jurisdiction in the area of the apartment community.
Apply on company website