Maintenance Apprentice – Every day is an opportunity for you to turn our community into a place to call home. #WRK4UDR
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Maintenance Apprentice to join our team at Addison Apartments at the Park, our apartment community (# 993 homes) located in Addison.
• Technical or vocational certificate and/or degree preferred.
• Minimum of one year of relevant experience in mechanical maintenance, repair techniques and/or building maintenance.
• Apartment and/or hotel maintenance experience a plus.
• Valid driver's license may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the community by ensuring that grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units interior, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots and other buildings and common areas are free of debris, trash, graffiti and other items which affect the appearance of the community.
• Perform basic housekeeping duties to ensure apartments are ready for occupancy by cleaning floors and walls, dusting counters and appliances,
• Repairing walls, including painting, patching and texturing
• Testing electrical/gas appliances, lights, outlets, plumbing and hardware and replace defective equipment as necessary.
• Ensure that the community's central trash removal areas and/or compactors are serviced, emptied, and kept clean. Repair compactors or reports defective operation to the Service Manager.
• Maintain tools and equipment and ensure that they are in proper working order, request replacements as necessary, and assist in stocking inventory.
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
• On-call after hours and/or overtime may be required.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Career Development and Advancement: We offer ongoing education opportunities to support the skillset development of our employees. We have a proven culture of supporting the development and advancement of our employees' individual career goals and are proud to announce the promotion of 171 employees through July 2019, that's an average of 24 associates promoted per month! We believe our employees are the organization's most valuable asset. #WRK4UDR
Exceptional Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package and discounts to live in our premier communities!
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities with a mission of offering remarkable apartment homes in the most desirable locations throughout the United States. Share your expertise, skill and commitment to excellence with us, and be a part of UDR's team. #WRK4UDR
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website