GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Oversee the efforts of property in the areas of inspection, maintenance, and repair. This position's time is involved in leading, managing and completing routine, daily tasks and projects. This position is responsible for ensuring the physical aspects of each community meet the company's established standards and any applicable laws. This is done for safety, appearance, and operational efficiency reasons and must fall within the budgeted financial goals. Facilitate the diagnosis of problems and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliance. Additionally, the Maintenance Manager is responsible to schedule the quick turnaround of vacated apartments for occupancy.
1. Manage and complete all resident service and maintenance requests as required. Manage service requests and completion of such including completing work orders as assigned and as necessary.
2. Meet the service budget and manage the financial resources necessary to accommodate current and future maintenance and repair projects working within approved budget guidelines.
3. Provide leadership with the service team as needed or directed by the District Service Manager including interviewing, orientation, training and provide feedback to the District Service Manager on their performance.
4. Lead, direct, and supervise the service team in their day-to-day functions if applicable.
5. Review and approve Kronos timekeeping records for the direct reports at the community.
6. Manage and schedule the service support necessary to maintain the overall appearance, preventative maintenance, safety and OSHA/legal requirements to ensure the safety of residents and mitigate liability for the company.
7. Manage execution of emergency repairs from within service team or from third-party service vendor.
8. Conduct periodic inspections to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed.
9. Develop standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community's grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community.
10. Manage, maintain, and report any amenity deficiencies to the Resident Services Manager and/or Community Director, whoever is designated as the property lead person.
11. Manage vacant apartment turn schedules.
12. Punch walks on all make-ready units as well as manage quality assurance of all vendor turns.
13. Utility management for vacant apartments to ensure energy efficiency.
14. Perform final walk for move-ins ensuring quality represents the company's standard.
15. Perform pre and post move out inspections, documenting and taking/attaching photos of unit condition.
16. Provide determination for interior vacant condition for items to be replaced, such as carpet.
17. Manage ROI installations to include administrative prep, vendor coordination, etc.
18. Conduct weekly lighting inspections throughout the community, noting and resolving any issues per operational policy.
19. Complete and or manage all community common area and resident service requests.
20. Manage and oversee pest control for all units holding third-party vendor accountable.
21. Provide inspections to all fitness equipment to ensure safe operation.
22. Refrigerant (freon) usage and recovery log in compliance with Risk Management guidelines.
23. Manage pool logs for vendor compliance.
24. Complete Cap Labor forms.
25. Purchase supplies and equipment to maintain appropriate levels of inventory working within the budget guideline and through Ops Technology.
26. Monitor batteries for smart locks and proactively replace as necessary.
27. Serve as point person for questions on programming of controlled access areas within the community.
28. Manage equipment warranties and required follow-up.
29. Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
30. On call rotation as required and needed.
31. Hire and train new staff and develop staff to maximize potential as needed based on supervisory status.
32. Monitor staff performance to include performance and address performance problems through corrective action and dismissal. Assist direct reporting staff to address and resolve concerns or complaints involving job duties and job descriptions, performance standards, relations with coworkers, relations with supervisors and managers as needed based on supervisory status.
33. Approve time records and requests for time off as needed based on supervisory status.
34. Ensure leadership style creates a productive, motivated, informed, inspired, engaged and goal-oriented team.
35. Comply with all Company policies and procedures related to employment.
36. Commit to Living the UDR Values each day in every action taken when executing the essential functions of the job.
37. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of an ability to follow proper safety techniques in accordance with OSHA, HVAC, Company, and community policies, procedures and standards to mitigate liability. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws.
Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Ability to examine and repair various types of service equipment. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines. Ability and willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Immediately repairs or delegates repair of all mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/resident/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the appropriate individual(s) and recommends/initiates appropriate corrective actions.
Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Ability to apply the principles and practices of work leadership and management. Ability to motivate the community team and manage their performance in accordance with company policies, values, and business practices.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or resolve resident, vendor and contractor issues. Ability to work in conjunction with community management and associates. Must have effective verbal and listening communication skills. The ability to communicate information so others will understand.
Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to use a computer, a smart phone, and enter service ticket information into the service ticket system.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights up to one hundred (100) pounds independently and two hundred and fifty (250) pounds with assistance. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools and equipment. Sensory capability to detect odors and hear sounds necessary to detect, diagnose, and repair machinery. Requires normal range of eyesight. Ability to physically access exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities and be able to climb ladders and access small crawlspaces. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Flexible schedules with occasional evening and regular weekend work. May be on rotation for “On Call”.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
2. Technical or vocational certificate and/or degree preferred.
3. Minimum of four years' experience in building and mechanical maintenance including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting and drywall, and/or pool maintenance.
4. Must be EPA Type II certified: Type III or Universal may be required at some locations.
5. Experience supervising associates is preferred.
6. Certification in Chlorine, Fluorine, and Carbon (CFC) required for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining equipment required for some properties and preferred for all properties.
7. Some locations require certification in pool operation (CPO).
8. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
* The Company retains the discretion to add to or change duties of position at any time.
Apply on company website