UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are adding a Maintenance Manager to our team at Cirrus, our BRAND-NEW, mid-rise apartment community (292 homes) located next to iconic Mile High Stadium in Denver, CO.
Do you thrive on crafting an amazing customer experience and providing satisfying solutions to customers? Do you want to be a "Care Hero" and it's your job to save the customer's day?
As a Maintenance Manager, every day you have opportunities to deliver first-class service to our residents in turn achieving customer happiness and retention.
- Lead, direct and supervise service team in their day-to-day functions.
- Interview, orient, train and mentor service team and provide feedback to the Community Director on their performance.
- Develop standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community's grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community.
- Schedule and/or assist the service team with apartment turnovers and service tickets and inspect vacant apartments to ensure they are ready for occupancy.
- Responsible for scheduling contractors to assist with apartment turnovers and repairs, tracking progress, and providing final inspection of the work provided.
- Resolve escalated maintenance and customer service by taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization.
- Identify, communicate and implement opportunities to improve resident happiness and service.
- Foster on-going positive relationship with residents confirming their expectations are being fulfilled.
- Review Net Promoter Score (NPS) responses to proactively improve resident's experience and overall perception.
- Vendor management and order supplies/equipment to maintain appropriate levels of inventory within budget guidelines.
- Assist or complete the pre-move-out inspections on a timely basis.
- Conduct community inspections, host safety meetings and maintain the safety zone to ensure the well-being of residents and mitigate liability.
- After hours on-call rotation required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Organizing- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more vital priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve tough problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at candid analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Supervisory/managerial experience
- Experience as a Maintenance Manager, Assistant Maintenance Manager or Lead Maintenance Technician in the multi-family, hospitality or similar industry
- Competency in residential HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting and drywall
- Customer service experience
- Proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers and smartphones
- Valid driver's license and rotating on-call responsibility required
- High school or equivalent preferred
- EPA Type II or Universal certification preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification a plus
Career Development and Advancement:
We offer ongoing education opportunities to encourage the skillset development of our employees and have a validated culture of enhancing the growth and advancement of their individual career goals. We are proud to announce the promotion of 172 employees through November 2020, that's an average of 15.6 associates promoted per month. We believe our employees are the organization's most important asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, Company matched 401(k), vacation and personal time (up to 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, 4 personal days, and 2 floating holidays per year) plus company observed holidays, discounts to live in our best-in-class communities, tuition reimbursement, company sponsored events, community service days, annual President's Club held in Las Vegas, honoring our associates for their exceptional customer service and operational excellence.
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities.
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Cancer Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• $24.96/hr. (minimum) - $33.65/hr. (maximum), depends on experience
• Eligible for quarterly performance bonus, based on various metric-related factors, adding to total compensation potential
Apply on company website