Athletic Trainer, Vestal Physical Therapy
United Health Services is seeking an ATC to join our comprehensive Sports Medicine Team in Vestal New York. This is a benefit's eligible/full time position.
Hours per week: 40
Salary range: $22.13 - $33.21/hour, depending on experience
Athletic Trainer Overview
The UHS Athletic Trainer fills athletic training coverage for local colleges, high schools, and events. They also assist the physical therapy staff in all functions. The Orthopedic Center is located at 4433 Vestal Pkwy, East Vestal, NY 13850 and is 6 years old and houses a new, state of the art Physical Therapy Department including a gym.
Athletic Trainer Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Assists in routine patient care activities, as directed by the treating Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant and within the guidelines mandated by New York State's Therapy Practice Act.
- Maintains the facility in a clean and organized fashion throughout the day with more specific duties assigned by the Site Manager and Director of Operations.
- Participates in a community outreach program consisting of supportive athletic training services, educational programs, and pre-season screening programs.
- Provides clinical athletic training services, as deemed necessary, providing the highest level of patient care possible
- Provides athletic training services to designated educational institutions and assists in alternative coverage as needed.
- Completes and submits monthly paperwork to Directors of Operations and Quality/Compliance.
- Attends and participates in all clinical in-service educational programs.
- Maintains continuing educational requirements as determined by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification guidelines.
- Demonstrate commitment to organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science degree or Masters of Science degree at an institution with National Athletic Training Association approved curriculum.
- National certification through the National Athletic Trainers Association, Board of Certification (NATA BOC).
- Licensed or license-eligible by New York State
- CPR certification within the first three months of employment.
- Experience as an ATC (Certified Athletic Trainer) in a college or high school setting.
Employee Benefits at United Health Services
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge services
- Free, extensive online training through HealthStream
- [LAST BULLET ABOUT ASSOCIATED EDUCATION BENEFITS PER POSITION]
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
About New York's Southern Tier
As an employee of United Health Services, you'll call the Southern Tier, or more specifically, the Greater Binghamton area, home. Known for entertainment and restaurants, craft brews, outdoor experiences, minor-league sports, family-friendly events, and a keenness for local history (like our connection to the Twilight Zone and our six antique carousels), Greater Binghamton offers something for everyone. We're a short drive away from the Finger Lakes region in Central New York, three hours from New York City, and just shy of four hours from Niagara Falls, Canada.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website