Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Johnson City
United Health Services is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Technologist to join our Core Lab in Johnson City, NY. A Clinical Laboratory Technologist performs routine and specialized test in a timely manner. This is a BENEFITS-ELIGIBLE position.
Hours per week: 40
Salary range: $27.00 - $40.50/hour, depending on experience
Clinical Laboratory Technologist Overview
In the Laboratory, under limited supervision, performs routine and specialized tests in assigned laboratory sections in a timely manner, monitors lab processes, and verifies results. With six (6) years' experience, may in the absence of the supervisor, direct daily activities of his/her section according to UHS Hospitals', Laboratory and Departmental Policies and Procedures, NYSDOH, CDC, and UHSH Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
The Laboratory Services Department at UHS Wilson Medical Center operates at a high volume and offers the most testing options among all of United Health Services' laboratories. The lab serves both inpatient and outpatient needs at UHS Wilson Medical Center. Consistently operating with the highest quality standards, our laboratories are accredited by the College of American Pathologists' peer-inspection accreditation program.
Clinical Laboratory Technologist Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Performs clinical analyses for routine, special, and automated tests. Observes reactions and makes qualitative or quantitative analyses. Recognizes abnormal values and takes proper action (alert/critical values). Performs, documents, interprets and troubleshoots quality control
- Assumes responsibility to resolve problems. Performs required preventative maintenance procedures in laboratory instrumentation. Investigates and resolves technical problems, consults supervisor if resolution involves policy or procedure modification. Identifies real or potential situations or equipment failure, attempts to resolve within area of specialty or knowledge and refers complex issues to appropriate source. May be a key analyzer operator with proper training and documentation of skills.
- Verifies and posts results in LIS or on appropriate reports. Files these reports when necessary, i.e., downtime forms.
- Performs related LIS computer functions such as entry, verification, retrieval of results and special workload recording.
- Obtains laboratory specimens, (blood, urine, and other body fluids) directly from patients as trained. Selects appropriate equipment for age of patient and type of testing ordered.
- Recognizes and acts upon individual need for continuing education as a function of growth and maintenance of professional competence and license.
- Participates in the practical and clinical training of MT and MLT students and new employees, as assigned.
- Performs and evaluates new testing methods and procedures.
- (For technologists with 6 or more years of experience) Acts in a supervisory capacity, in absence of supervisor, by carrying out instructions and handling of daily problems/issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology or equivalent. (Grandfathered NYS Licensed CLT).
- NYS Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- One (1) year experience working in a clinical laboratory.
- ASCP Specialty Certification.
Employee Benefits at United Health Services
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge services
- Free, extensive online training through HealthStream
- Recent graduates of a Medical Technologist degree program may be eligible for up to $20,000 through our tuition forgiveness program.
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
About New York's Southern Tier
As an employee of United Health Services, you'll call the Southern Tier, or more specifically, the Greater Binghamton area, home. Known for entertainment and restaurants, craft brews, outdoor experiences, minor-league sports, family-friendly events, and a keenness for local history (like our connection to the Twilight Zone and our six antique carousels), Greater Binghamton offers something for everyone. We're a short drive away from the Finger Lakes region in Central New York, three hours from New York City, and just shy of four hours from Niagara Falls, Canada.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website