Food Service Associate, BGH Hospital
United Health Services is seeking a Food Service Associate to join our Binghamton General Hospital team in Binghamton, NY. This is a benefits-eligible position.
Hours per week: 40
Salary range: $15.00 - $20.25/hour, depending on experience
Food Service Associate Position Overview
As a part of the BGH Food and Nutrition team you will assist in all areas of the department associated with Patient, Retail and Catering Services.
UHS Binghamton General Hospital holds 220 beds and provides general medical clinic services such as surgical, rehabilitative, and emergency care to the people of greater Binghamton. It offers 24-hour emergency care and operates such major regional programs as orthopedic surgery, bariatric care, wound care, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, chemical dependency treatment service, behavioral health program, sleep center and gastroenterology laboratory at our medical clinic.
Food Service Responsibilities and Expectations
- Assembles patient meals as ordered and places meals in carts to be delivered to patient units
- Properly portions salads, desserts, beverages, etc. for meal
- Gathers/prepares floor supplies/nourishments for patient needs.
- Assists in dish room and strips and cleans delivery carts/trays. Restocks china, silver, and other service supplies
- Disposes of recyclable products and/or removes trash from service areas and/or facility
- Prepares short order food and beverage requests for customers from deli and hot food areas. Assembles and serves customers' food requests from other service stations. Assembles customer requests following proper portion guidelines.
- Not Applicable
- High School or equivalent
Employee Benefits at United Health Services
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge services
- Free, extensive online training through HealthStream
- Tuition reimbursement and education incentive programs to further your education, particularly in nursing or allied health fields
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website