Experienced candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $1,000.
Candidates with no experience may qualify for a sign-on bonus of $500.
United Health Services is seeking a Nursing Assistant to join our Ambulatory Cardiac Care Unit (ACCU) team at UHS Wilson Medical Center. This is a benefits-eligible position.
Shift: Nights, 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Hours per week: 32
Salary: $16.25 - $22.75/hour, depending on experience
Nursing Assistant Position Overview
Nursing Assistants perform basic patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and are instrumental to our hospital units. Patients depend on Nursing Assistants, who ensure they are cared for in a safe and comfortable environment.
The Ambulatory Cardiac Care Unit (ACCU) at UHS Wilson Medical Center is an outpatient unit that monitors patients undergoing procedures such as diagnostic catheterizations, electrophysiology testing, ablations, and generator/lead placement. This unit also serves patients who are under observation due to chest pain. UHS Wilson Medical Center has been recognized with Gold Plus Achievement from the American Heart Association for following their Get With The Guidelines - Heart Failure quality standards.
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- New, higher wages for nursing assistants starting at $16.25/hour
- Comprehensive orientation and training programs
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources and counseling
- Free, extensive online training curriculum for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement or incentives to further your education, particularly in the nursing field
Nursing Assistant Responsibilities and Expectations
- Help patients with personal hygiene and care including bathing, grooming, and dressing, in addition to bladder and bowel care
- Take and record patient vital signs and weight
- Observe and record patients' conditions, food and liquid intake and other behavior and report changes to the Registered Nurse
- Communicate regularly with nurses about patient condition according to the unit's standards
- Help patients walk with canes, walkers, or other devices and lift, transport, and move patients using appropriate techniques
- Follow patient rounding standards to ensure a comfortable, safe environment for patients
- Treat all patients, family, and other visitors with respect and compassion
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures and safety/health regulations
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate commitment to United Health Services' organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- CPR certification within three months of hire
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and follow written/oral instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a nurse's aide program and/or previous hospital or healthcare experience
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices in addition to home care and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website