Experienced candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $1,000.
Candidates with no experience may qualify for a sign-on bonus of $500.
United Health Services is seeking a Nursing Assistant to join our Emergency Department team at UHS Binghamton General Hospital. This is a benefits-eligible position.
Shift: Day Rotation
Hours per week: 24
Salary: $16.25 - $22.75/hour, depending on experience
Nursing Assistant Position Overview
Nursing Assistants perform basic patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and are instrumental to our hospital units. Patients depend on Nursing Assistants, who ensure they are cared for in a safe and comfortable environment.
The Emergency Department at UHS Binghamton General Hospital, which serves thousands of patients each year, is equipped to handle acute medical and surgical emergencies and other urgent illnesses and injuries. At UHS Binghamton General Hospital, you'll join hospital team that serves the needs of our community as a regional leader in orthopedic surgery, chemical dependency treatment, physical rehabilitation, mental health services, emergency medicine, and more.
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- New, higher wages for nursing assistants starting at $16.25/hour
- Comprehensive orientation and training programs
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources and counseling
- Free, extensive online training curriculum for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement or incentives to further your education, particularly in the nursing field
Nursing Assistant Responsibilities and Expectations
- Help patients with personal hygiene and care including bathing, grooming, and dressing, in addition to bladder and bowel care
- Take and record patient vital signs and weight
- Observe and record patients' conditions, food and liquid intake and other behavior and report changes to the Registered Nurse
- Communicate regularly with nurses about patient condition according to the unit's standards
- Help patients walk with canes, walkers, or other devices and lift, transport, and move patients using appropriate techniques
- Performs basic testing and specimen collection including EKGs and urine analysis; reports immediately to a licensed practitioner
- Follow patient rounding standards to ensure a comfortable, safe environment for patients
- Treat all patients, family, and other visitors with respect and compassion
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures and safety/health regulations
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate commitment to United Health Services' organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- CPR certification within three months of hire
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and follow written/oral instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a nurse's aide program and/or previous hospital or healthcare experience
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credential
How to Apply
Applications for our Nursing Assistant position can be submitted through United Health Services' online application system, or you may send your resume or expression of interest directly to our recruiter, Denise Kittle, at email@example.com.
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices in addition to home care and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website