Experienced candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $15,000.
Early-career candidates may qualify for up to $12,500 in tuition forgiveness.
Operating Room Technician Position Overview
Operating Room Technician, Under general direction, observes and practices sterile technique, maintains asepsis, anticipates and assists the surgeon as needed. Actively participates in patient care and safety. Utilizes OR supplies conservatively and operates as a team member of the OR staff
Operating Room Technician Responsibilities and Expectations
- Prepare operating rooms for surgery.
- Sterilize equipment and make sure that there are adequate supplies for surgery.
- Ready patients for surgery, such as by washing and disinfecting incision sites.
- Help surgeons during surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous Operating Room experience
- Previous Surgical Technologist experience
- Meets the NYS Surgical Technologist Certification Law; OR Completed a Surgical Technologist program in the Armed Forces; OR completed a nationally accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist with a nationally accredited Surgical Technologist credential
- CPR Certification within 3 months of hire
Employee Benefits at United Health Services
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge services
- Free, extensive online training through HealthStream
- Tuition reimbursement and education incentive programs to further your education, particularly in nursing or allied health fields
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website