Registered Nurse (RN), Employee Health Office
United Health Services is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Employee Health Office in Johnson City, NY. The Employee Health Office sees adult patients 13+ the hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM. This is a per Diem Position
Shift: Day shift
Hours per week: Per Diem
Salary range: $27.61-$41.41/hour, depending on experience
Registered Nurse (RN)
Under administrative and medical direction the Physician Practice RN provides direct patient care to employees and volunteers by providing nursing assessments, screenings, immunizations and performing drug and alcohol collections/screenings and conducting surveillance following an exposure to a communicable disease. Conducts nurse case management support and direction to employees who are collecting NYS Short Term Disability benefits. The Physician Practice RN will be knowledgeable of the regulations that impact Employee Health's client base, including: NYS Workers' Compensation Laws, NYS Department of Health, Infection Control, CDC, ADA and state and federal regulations.
Registered Nurse (RN) Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Performs physical assessment annually; reviews history and any changes in medical condition, obtains height, weight, placement of PPD, interpretation of PPD and directs all positive screenings to appropriate health provider.
- Performs urine drug & hair collections in accordance with Federal Guidelines and Drug Free Workplace Act.
- Performs Breath Alcohol screenings in accordance with the Department of Transportation.
- Administers and educates regarding immunizations for routine and prevention.
- Knowledgeable of New York State Workers' Compensation Laws, including Workers' Compensation Preferred Provider regulations impacting new employee injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts surveillance and follow up for employees, volunteers and medical staff who have been exposed to communicable diseases in collaboration with Infection Control and Occupational Medicine.
- Coordinates Wilson Hospital Flu Clinics and Red Cross Blood Drives.
- Monitors employees, volunteers, contractors, vendors and students to ensure they meet the NYS DOH 405 health requirements, including health exam, PPD placement and all immunizations.
- Manages and tracks all UHS disability employees who are participating in the UHS Work Re-Entry program ensuring ADA requirements are followed.
- Medically manages and tracks all UHS employees who are collecting NYS Short Term Disability benefits and collaborates with UHS members to address any issues or concerns.
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing.
- Current NY State RN License
- Three years of acute care nursing experience
- Documentation of current CPR certification required within 3 Months of start of employment.
- Proficiency with laboratory procedures for blood sampling
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Infection Control, CDC and NYS Department of Health regulations
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
About New York's Southern Tier
As an employee of United Health Services, you'll call the Southern Tier, or more specifically, the Greater Binghamton area, home. Known for entertainment and restaurants, craft brews, outdoor experiences, minor-league sports, family-friendly events, and a keenness for local history (like our connection to the Twilight Zone and our six antique carousels), Greater Binghamton offers something for everyone. We're a short drive away from the Finger Lakes region in Central New York, three hours from New York City, and just shy of four hours from Niagara Falls, Canada.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website