Home Care Speech and Language Pathologist, Binghamton Area
United Health Services is seeking a Speech and Language Pathologist to join our Twin Tier Home Care Team in Binghamton, NY. This is a traveling position throughout Broome, Chenango, Delaware and Tioga Counties. This is a Per Diem position.
Hours per week: Varies
Salary range: $26.76/hour + depending on experience
Home Care Speech and Language Pathologist, Overview
Ensures that speech - language pathology services are administered and completed in a timely, accurate, and reliable manner. Provides speech - language pathology patient evaluations and treatment services, as well as associated clinical documentation. Maintains specific service delivery standards which address commitment to service, customer satisfaction, ongoing evaluation of customer expectations, integration with quality process, communication and interaction standards, turn-around time and information processing standards, corporate compliance requirements, and physical amenities/environment of care.
Speech and Language Pathologist Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Comprehends, interprets, and follows medical prescriptions for Speech-Language Pathology. Applies the accepted principles, methods, and procedures of measurement, prediction, and evaluation tests to assess patient's strengths and limitations providing clinical diagnoses, and assists patient to achieve objective short and long term goals. Demonstrates knowledge of side effects and complications of services provided.
- Administers and interprets clinical speech-language pathology services for assigned patients. Adjusts treatments according to patient's response to speech-language pathology treatment protocol.
- Maintains accurate records of each patient's treatment, progress, and/or regression according to the Service Delivery Standard using paper or electronic systems, as necessary. Maintains all necessary records required to meet the criteria established by reimbursement and regulatory agencies. Maintains confidentiality of patient and hospital information.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with patients, their families, and other staff personnel. Participates in patient care conferences with other professionals involved in the management of cases.
- Provides patient/family education, as needed. Participates in planning decisions for patient's post-discharge. Interfaces with vendor to provide needed durable medical equipment.
- Maintains necessary CEUs for licensure and/or specialty specific certifications and professional organizations.
- Assists with determining competencies of peers.
- Demonstrate commitment to organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (ASHA) or Clinical Fellowship year candidate.
- NYS license as a Speech Language Pathologist
- CPR certification
- Previous clinical experience
- Experience with dysphagia and neurogenic communication disorders
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
About New York's Southern Tier
As an employee of United Health Services, you'll call the Southern Tier, or more specifically, the Greater Binghamton area, home. Known for entertainment and restaurants, craft brews, outdoor experiences, minor-league sports, family-friendly events, and a keenness for local history (like our connection to the Twilight Zone and our six antique carousels), Greater Binghamton offers something for everyone. We're a short drive away from the Finger Lakes region in Central New York, three hours from New York City, and just shy of four hours from Niagara Falls, Canada.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website