Experienced candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $15,000.
United Health Services is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Medical-Surgical Telemetry Unit (NT 3) tea m at UHS Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, NY. This is a benefits-eligible position.
Shift: Nights, 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Hours per week: 36
Salary: $32.00 - $48.00/hour, depending on experience
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Overview
As an important member of a multidisciplinary care team, the Registered Nurse provides direct patient care while ensuring a safe and healing environment. The RN works to prevent illness and injury and alleviate suffering through patient and family advocacy. A leader in patient-centered care, UHS expects RNs to exhibit high standards of compassion, teamwork, and clinical skills.
NT 3 at UHS Wilson Medical Center is a medical-surgical telemetry unit that provides care for patients on cardiac, respiratory, and other non-invasive monitoring systems as they recover from surgery, illness, or injury. At UHS Wilson Medical Center, you'll join a hospital team that serves the needs of our community as a Level II Trauma Center and a regional leader in pulmonary medicine, cardiothoracic and vascular medicine, stroke care, and more.
When you work at United Health Services, you become part of our family. We're proud to offer competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an impact every day.
- Potential to receive up to $12,000 in tuition forgiveness for eligible RN candidates
- Comprehensive orientation and training programs
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards
- ANCC Success Pays no-cost certification program
- Robust Clinical Ladder program for internal, upward career mobility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) resources and counseling
- Professional/leadership development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement or incentives to further your education
Registered Nurse Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide exceptional care to patients, including proper diagnoses and treatment
- Use a working knowledge of pharmacology and safely administer medications
- Engage with patients' family members to keep them informed and encouraged while maintaining meticulous patient records and documentation
- Establish and maintain caring and collaborative relationships with patients/families and colleagues (nurses, physicians, support staff, and other disciplines)
- Comply with all standards of practice and professional development in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act, United Health Services' and the Nursing Division's policies, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the Patient's Bill of Rights
- Provide a supportive learning environment for new employees and students
- Treat all patients, family, and other visitors with respect and compassion
- Demonstrate commitment to United Health Services' organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State Registered Nurse license
- CPR certification within three months of hire
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous clinical nursing experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
- Professional/advanced certification in a related nursing specialty
How to Apply
Applications for our Registered Nurse position can be submitted through United Health Services' online application system.
For Early-Career Candidates
If you are considering a career in nursing and have not completed the educational requirements to become a registered nurse, you may be eligible for United Health Services' Education Incentive Program, which provides up to $6,000 per semester toward your degree.
New RNs and graduate nurses are eligible to apply for our year-long Nurse Residency Program that provides comprehensive training, orientation, and mentorship as you transition out of school and into the workforce. This all-encompassing program is valued at more than $120,000.
For more information and to learn about requirements/eligibility for these programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website