Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Associate Planner is responsible for developing business strategies and seasonal assortment plans to maximize sales, profit, turn and inventory health.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial planning to include managing sales, margin, and inventory KPIs relating to Annual & Monthly planning
- OTB Management
- Advertising/Event & New Item Forecasting
- Inventory Productivity to include end of life activity
- Develop business area strategy in partnership with Merchants, Vendors, and other cross functional team members
- Assortment Planning
- Ad hoc Reporting
- Complete on-going training and development courses supported by the HR Training Team or the Merchandise Operations Training Team.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Minimum of 2 years buying/planning/inventory related experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with a cross functional team
- Active participant in a cross functional or departmental project, demonstrating engagement & leadership skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong listening skills
- Critical thinker, able to interact professionally with both internal and external stakeholders and influence with data
- Ability to make sound, informed decisions particularly under time pressure and in ad hoc situations.
- Demonstrate strong influential & negotiation skills
- Overtime and weekends as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong eye for detail, and capable of multi-tasking
- Willingness to adopt new processes, and be a change advocate.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with solid proficiency in usage of Excel. Working knowledge of SAP or JDA a plus.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data into trends and develop accurate and actionable insights based on the data
- Understand financial metrics inclusive of sales, margin, inventory turn, weeks of supply
- Strong problem solving, retail math, and analytical skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong initiative and positive attitude
- Strong work ethic, ability to meet tight deadlines/thrive in fast-pace environment
- Professionalism and confidentiality required both internally & externally
- Follows principles & values to do the right thing
- Ability to embrace/maneuver change with a positive attitude
Apply on company website