Posted Date: Jan 3, 2020
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
As Chef Manager you will have full responsibility for ensuring the efficient management of the kitchen operations. This position plays a leading role in managing the entire food service operation, while ensuring client and customer satisfaction and meeting company and agency regulations. The Chef Manager has the ability to manage in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on fresh food and client and customer service satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Provide leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement.
- Plans menus for daily food service operations.
- Develops culinary team members through appropriate coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals.
- Implements and monitors compliance to standards and policies through understanding of regulated agency standards.
- Identifies and implements continuous quality improvement procedures and maintains appropriate sanitation and safety levels in all department areas.
- Utilizes culinary background to create and maintain an appealing and customer satisfying experience.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience as an Executive Chef or Chef Supervisor or equivalent level.
- An undergraduate degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed the Certified Dietary Management program preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
- Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 363622
Apply on company website