Posted Date: Dec 13, 2019
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 357872.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a full-time CHEF, SOUS - HRLY position.
- Location: Trempealeau County Health Care; W20410 WI-121, Whitehall, WI 54773. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T schedule; 10:30am - 6:30pm with every other weekend.
- Requirement: Previous experience in batch cooking, HACCP, and ServSafe is a plus.
- Sign-on bonus: $1000 sign-on bonus! More details upon interview.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
As the Sous Chef you will be responsible for food production in your kitchen(s), reporting directly to the Executive Chef. This Sous Chef plays an integral role in managing the food production operations while ensuring client and customer service. The Sous Chef must have the ability to fill in for the Executive Chef during time off, PDO and vacations. This successful culinary leader must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy; maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards
- Reviewing, adjusting, and completing inventory with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. Ensuring accuracy and completion of the inventory and ensuring adequate supplies and products are on hand.
- Maintains basic food recipes, preparation, service, and storage sanitation principles.
- Direct food preparation in accordance with established standard of quantity, quality control, taste and presentation
- Operational oversight with a hands on leadership style, with competencies of all areas of the food operation
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Following HACCP standards and ensuring HACCP logs are accurately filed, enforcing proper sanitation practices
- Support the culinary department in ensuring compliance with health requirements, Health Department regulations, and Department of Labor regulations as they pertain to the operation
- Manages dining personnel and work in a cooperative manner with team members, guests, and client personnel
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals
- Communicating with internal departments and attending meetings as appropriate
- Assist with identifying and rectifying hazardous situations and eliminating risk to the company; taking safety precautions as necessary
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance with Unidine policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards and codes
Education and Experience:
- A.O.S Degree in Culinary Art, Culinary certificate or relevant work experience.
- 2 years of related experience and/or training in food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website