Posted Date: Dec 6, 2019
- We have an opening for a full-time COOK SUPERVISOR position.
- Location: Maryhaven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center- 1700 E Lake Ave, Glenview, IL 60025. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: 6:30 AM- 2:30 PM, 5 days per week. Includes weekends.
- Requirement: Previous cooking & food service experience in a healthcare setting.
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 356026 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Directly supervises food-service associates in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Advises management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Operates and cleans equipment in accordance with department procedures after each use.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy; maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Operates food-service equipment in a safe manner and according to established policies and procedures.
- Helps serves meals; remains present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website