Posted Date: Nov 4, 2019
- We have an opening for a full-time PATIENT DINING SUPERVISOR position.
- Location: Abramson Senior Living- 1425 Horsham Road, North Wales, PA 19454. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Flexible scheduling! Must be available to work every other weekend.
- Requirement: Previous health care dining & supervisory experience.
- Perks: Free shuttle to and from the city!
- Pick-up & drop-off at the KFC at Cheltenham & Ogontz Ave Philadelphia.
- Times: Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM pick- up for 7 AM - 3 PM shift & 3:30 PM pick-up for 4-8 PM shift.
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 328454 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Patient Dining Supervisors are responsible to coordinate patient meal service and special requests and needs for the Patient Dining Program. Ensure that Patient Dining Associates are adequately trained and that units are properly staffed to provide service. They are a huge part of creating a culture of comfort and compassion in the healthcare environment, taking care of patients' special requests and nutritional needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the Patient Dining Program service are accomplished.
- Supervise Patient Dining Associates and ensure they provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, and deliver/pick-up their meal trays.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Interacts with nursing and evaluates on a daily basis patient meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery and tray retrieval process.
- Is responsive to patients' needs at all times. Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient's rights policy as outlined in the facility's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines, a prevention based food safety system for meal assembly and distribution.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily associate team meetings following Morrison's branded GR8 Start Meeting guidelines and template.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate and read documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and operation and maintenance instructions.
- Aptitude for effectively operating hospital's admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) system, and other computer-based systems, which manage patient care records.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts. Reasonable accommodations can enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website