Posted Date: Jan 16, 2020
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
The Resource Manager has the responsibility for leading the dining service team members toward client satisfaction with food quality and meal service prior, during and after transition of new business. The successful leader will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with clients and team members while training and directing the team towards providing outstanding client and customer dining services. As a Resource Manager you are responsible, without limitation, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and position you are supporting. Resource Managers typically work five 10 hour shifts days each week or 50 hours per week also weekend and holiday rotations. As travel is usually required it may be a10 shifts on and 4 shifts off rotation.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Hands-on food preparation according to prescribed menu, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Food and supply purchasing - adhering to product specifications and authorized vendors.
- Scheduling and supervision of department personnel with adherence to productivity metrics.
- Oversight of dining room operations including all associated service methods, ambiance and sanitation practices.
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with the residents, Executive Director, and fellow department heads.
- Participate in scheduled training and informational meetings to facilitate consistent implementation of culinary initiatives and service standards.
- Manage, train and develop your community's Dining Services department staff.
- Adhere to operating budget (financial and productivity) and complete reporting responsibilities on a daily/weekly basis.
- Assure regulatory compliance for sanitation and program documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years related experience and/or training at the Chef or Chef Manager Level or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed Certified Dietary Management program preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
- *** Scheduling may require 10 day on and 4 day off scheduling this will be determined by support needs and transition of business.
- *** Must have a valid driver's license
- *** This position requires extensive travel 70%-80%
- *** Must have the ability to pay for travel expenses that will be reimbursed.
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time. Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying. Requires repetitive wrist motion.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 368559
Apply on company website