UnitedHealth Group is an innovative leader in the health and well-being industry, serving more than 55 million Americans. Through our family of companies, we contribute outstanding clinical insight with consumer-friendly services and advanced technology to help people achieve optimal health.
The Polyclinic : Established in 1917, The Polyclinic's mission has always been to promote the health of our patients with personalized health care. Here at The Polyclinic, our physicians are in charge. This means they have the power to put you first. It's a departure in health care philosophy that has attracted some of the area's most respected physicians. And a difference you'll feel the moment you walk through the door.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Internal Medicine Physician to join our team!
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Supervision and oversight of clinic APC's
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Active and unrestricted Washington medical license
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate required
- 2 or more years of primary care experience
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- 3 or more years of Outpatient Clinic experience preferred
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
With a vibrant network of primary care and comprehensive multispecialty clinics, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Polyclinic is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, Internal Medicine, IM, Outpatient clinic, Managed Care, Seattle, Bellevue, WA
UnitedHealth Group is an innovative leader in the health and well-being industry, serving more than 55 million Americans. Through our family of com...
Apply on company website