Job Posting Details
Payroll Title: FOOD SVC SUPR 1
Job Code: 5234
Job Open Date: 5/7/21
Job Close Date:
Primary Consideration Date for Open Until Filled: 5/23/21
Department Code-Name: UCFS – University Center Food Service
Percentage of Time: 100%
Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU): 99 – Non-Represented (PPSM)
Grade Type/Grade: PSS / 17
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Work Location: Arbor
Pay Rate/Range: $42,100/yr - $47,476/yr
Days/Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 1:30pm-10:30pm (hours may vary, including in summer)
Department Marketing Statement
Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises houses 10,000 students, faculty and family residents on campus, provides support services for 9,300 students residing in the communities adjacent to the campus, serves 21,000 customers daily in its retail and board dining programs, manages the UCSB Campus Store and University Center, hosts 150,000 guests annually for conferences and meetings, manages a major events center (Events Center), and oversees the administration of transportation, parking and fleet services. Additional responsibilities in the HDAE portfolio include Administrative & Residential Information Technology (ARIT) and The Club & Guest House. HDAE employs 600 full-time employees and 1,800 student employees, with annual operating budgets totaling $160 million. HDAE maintains a physical plant of more than 3 million square feet of buildings and 250 acres of grounds and landscaping.Brief Summary of Job Duties
Under the general supervision of the Arbor Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Arbor store. The Arbor operates 7 days/week with an annual budget of $2.8M and a staff of 70-80 part time student employees. Primary responsibilities include the following- Training and Supervision, Purchasing and Inventory Management, Financial Duties, and Safety and Sanitation.Minimum Requirements
- 2 years of management experience in a food service or retail operation, or equivalent education and experience in food service or retail operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively supervise others and provide guidance to personnel.
- Ability to effectively work with partners on joint projects.
- Basic mathematical and cash control skills to accurately complete drawer counts and prepare deposits.
- Knowledge in inventory control functions.
- Works a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
For full consideration, please include a resume and a cover letter as part of your application.Job Functions/Percentage of Time/Duties
Training and Supervision - 65% - Daily
- Provides training and supervision for a staff that consists of 70-80 part time student employees.
- Responsible for creating training programs for associates and supervisors; creates a program to rotate staff in the coffee area and store to ensure cross training of all staff.
- Schedules and disciplines the part time staff of the Arbor.
- Conducts regular meetings, weekly or bi-weekly, with the Arbor supervisor staff.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations on supervisors and associates.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment through effective communication with peers, staff, and customers.
- Ability to act on store goals and objectives and meet deadlines.
Purchasing and Inventory Management - 10% - Daily
- Responsible for assessing daily inventory levels of store products and writes CBORD orders for bakery, coffee, Central Kitchen transfers and paper goods.
- Responsible for weekly vendor orders.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing and posting of vendor invoices. .Ensures invoices are submitted weekly.
- Responsible for the physical inventory of over 6,000 items. Enters inventory into CBORD, reviews totals and checks for errors before submitting to the Arbor Manager.
- Identifies items that are either not in the inventory or that are no longer stocked in store and recommends removal from CBORD to the Arbor Manager.
Financial Duties - 15% - Daily
- Responsible for cash handling and ensuring cash bags are secured in either the cash registers or in the safe at all times.
- Reviews cash overages or shortages and takes appropriate action with UCen Security or with documentation.
- Reviews daily payroll ensuring that staff work hours are correct and submits updates or corrections by deadline.
- Manages and maintains daily transfer requisitions between Arbor and satellite units.
- Completes monthly waste logs, transfers, and write offs and submits information no later than 3 days post month end.
Safety and Sanitation - 10% - Daily
- Provides modified ServSafe training to the Arbor staff in the area of food handling, food storage, sanitation, safety, and cleanliness.
- Ensures that proper food handling procedures are being met.
- Ensures that temperature logs are kept up to date on refrigerators, freezers, and soup wells.
- Keeps the storeroom orderly and ensures all food items are at least 6" off the floor and stocked safely.
- Responsible for proper storage and rotation of items in refrigerators, freezer, and storeroom.
- Responsible for creating and updating a weekly chore list. Schedules quarterly store cleaning.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of California endeavors to make https://jobs.ucsb.edu accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Katherine Abad in Human Resources at 805-893-4664 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Privacy Notification Statement
The State of California Information Practices Act of 1977 (effective July 1978) requires the University to provide the following information to individuals who are asked to supply information about themselves: Application: The principal purpose for requesting information on the Application is for applicant-tracking purposes and to collect applicant contact information. Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form: Information furnished on this form is requested by UCSB's Affirmative Action Office. The University of California, Santa Barbara is a Federal contractor and, therefore, must comply with Affirmative Action regulations issued pursuant to Executive Order 11246, Federal Revised Order No. 4, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974. Furnishing the information on this form is voluntary. There is no penalty for not completing this form. The offices responsible for maintaining the information supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) STATEMENT FOR PERSONS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA: As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") is designed to provide you, as a person in the European Economic Area, with information regarding the types of personal information that the University of California's Human Resources departments and offices collect about you. The Privacy Statement can be found at: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/gdpr.html.nformation supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
Notice of Availability of the UCSB Annual Security Report
The University is committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" (Clery Act), UCSB publishes an Annual Security Report to provide information regarding campus safety and security policies, crime statistics, and resources to current and prospective students and employees. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes reported to Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property, and on public property adjacent to and accessible from campus. The report also includes campus policies concerning crime prevention, crime reporting, alcohol and drug use, sexual and interpersonal violence, student discipline, and other matters. To access the Annual Security Report, visit www.police.ucsb.edu/asr. A copy of this report may also be requested by contacting the UCSB Police Department (call 805-893-3446 or visit 574 Public Safety Bldg., Santa Barbara, CA 93106 during business hours). To learn more about the Clery Act and CSA duties and reporting requirements, please visit www.police.ucsb.edu/clery-act.
Apply on company website