The Procurement Analyst 4 performs complex purchasing duties according to prescribed policies, procedures and/or defined instructions in a cost effective, ethical, efficient, timely, professional manner within a customer-service oriented environment. Responsible for conducting formal bids and complex purchasing negotiations; purchases of common goods and services and custom products/services to complex, difficult and highly technical transactions valued at $75,000 or less in response to campus needs. Incumbent will also transact orders valued well over $75,000 in coordination with or under the general direction of the Procurement Manager. Purchases include a broad spectrum of materials, supplies, equipment and services across many commodity areas. Primary commodity emphasis for this particular position at this time (subject to change) is for computing and business related commodities. May also include: cable service, communications equipment, data acquisition systems, industrial and rack-mount computers, internet services, mainframe computers, workstations, related peripherals and software, networking equipment, PCs and related peripherals, software licensing, software for PCs, telecommunications and scientific equipment, and temporary help. Please note: The budgeted hiring range for this position is $83,600 to $116,200. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required Advanced degree and/or experience equivalent/training. Preferred
Certifications Certification Requirement Professional certification. Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Ability to communicate complex information to others verbally and in writing.
Ability to read, interpret, develop, and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts.
Strong negotiating skills.
Ability to perform cost analysis and planning for major commodities.
Full knowledge of the purchasing function.
Advanced level of proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software.
Preferred Qualifications Advanced skills in the use of ERP/financial systems (such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.).
Knowledge of UC procurement policies, the organization's departments and operations and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website