At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as seventh in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The mission of the UCSF Health Human Resources team is to attract, develop and retain outstanding and diverse people. Our vision is to be a strategic and trusted partner empowering the UCSF Health community to leverage their talents.
UCSF Health Human Resources is comprised of a team of talented professionals who support the UCSF Health mission through talent acquisition, workforce planning, compensation administration, benefits and leave administration, labor and employee relations, workers compensation and disability management, learning and recognition, onboarding and human resource transaction administration.
This is a Contract position for one year.
Applies professional human resources, organization policies and procedures to provide guidance to employees, supervisors and managers to resolve a variety of human resources issues of moderate scope and complexity by answering the HR ACD line.
S/he will be logged onto the ACD line daily, answering a variety of HR questions related to all subunits in the HR department and will research and respond to voicemails. Additionally, s/he will escalate very complex or urgent matters to the appropriate HR contact.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Supervisor, s/he will work to identify high volume areas of questions and work to develop knowledge content and templates for self-service use.
This position will work closely with all subunits in HR to ensure streamlined responses and be aware of any areas of focus in the current environment of the subunit, for example, during Open Enrollment or when there is a labor action.
- Bachelor's Degree in related area; or one year related experience
- Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and in integrating information in the completion of assignments
- Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations; demonstrates organizational skills and problem-solving skills; working knowledge of other areas of HR
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or volatile situations / individuals effectively
- Basic knowledge of human resources policies and programs, and how they affect other organizational policies and procedures
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and knowledge of functional area
- Knowledge of a human resources management system (HRMS), and / or other related business software programs and systems
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website