The Environmental Services (EVS) Department is responsible for all aspects of housekeeping functions/services in all UCDH owned and leased facilities. Applications received will be considered for PM and Night EVS Custodial Supervisor positions in the Main Hospital and EVS Outlying Unit. Job Summary Final Filing Date : 8/04/21 *Reposted- Qualifed candidates may be interviewed at any time* Salary Range : $1,892.72 - $3,800.77 Salary Frequency : Biweekly Appointment Type : Career Percentage of Time : 100% Shift Hour : PM Shift: 2:30PM to 11PM / Night Shift: 10:30PM to 7AM Location : Main Hospital and EVS Outlying City : Sacramento Union Representation : No Benefits Eligible :Yes We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs. THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY Responsibilities The incumbent, under the general direction of the EVS Manager, will direct, administer and coordinate the daily operations in order to provide a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for patients, visitors and staff. Generic Scope: Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees. Functions as advisor to unit and administration. Analyzes and resolves problems, interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of department resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives. Custom Scope: Under general direction, responsible for the supervision and coordination of custodial operations. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Monitors compliance, operational performance and participates in long-range planning. Key Responsibilities: Oversees planning, organization and supervision of custodial services staff and operations. Develops and maintains schedule within budgetary guidelines. Required Qualifications
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare facility with working knowledge of human resources management practices and policies
- Knowledge of health care custodial cleaning standards
- Knowledge and operation of Environmental Services trade skill equipment
- Demonstrated ability to coach and instruct staff
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry codes, policies, standards and requirements
- Intermediate computer application skills
- Valid California Driver's License
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
- The incumbent must be willing and able to work any shift.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and be able to respond 24 hours per day and seven days per week.
- Must be able to tactfully and effectively handle many personality types and problems.
- Must hear and speak well and have the physical stamina to do a great deal of walking.
- Will be enrolled in the DMV Pull Notice Program.
Apply on company website