Job Posting Details
Payroll Title: BLANK AST 2
Job Code: 4723
Job Open Date: 5/12/21 or ASAP
Job Close Date:
Primary Consideration Date for Open Until Filled: 5/26/21
Department Code-Name: UCFS – University Center Food Service
Percentage of Time: 50%
Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU): CX - Clerical Unit (Teamsters)
Grade Type/Grade: None
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Work Location: University Center
Pay Rate/Range: $20.66/hr - $24.53/hr
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-5:00pm (hours may vary)
Department Marketing Statement
Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises houses 10,000 students, faculty and family residents on campus, provides support services for 9,300 students residing in the communities adjacent to the campus, serves 21,000 customers daily in its retail and board dining programs, manages the UCSB Campus Store and University Center, hosts 150,000 guests annually for conferences and meetings, manages a major events center (Events Center), and oversees the administration of transportation, parking and fleet services. Additional responsibilities in the HDAE portfolio include Administrative & Residential Information Technology (ARIT) and The Club & Guest House. HDAE employs 600 full-time employees and 1,800 student employees, with annual operating budgets totaling $160 million. HDAE maintains a physical plant of more than 3 million square feet of buildings and 250 acres of grounds and landscaping.
Brief Summary of Job Duties
The Personnel Assistant performs all student functions related to hiring, payroll, and personnel actions for over 400 student employees. Duties include processing bi-weekly payroll, corrections and changes to payroll, and separations in the payroll system (UCPath). Utilizes the timekeeping system (Kronos) to review, maintain, and troubleshoot timecard issues for payroll processing. Provides administrative support as needed to the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years' experience working in an office environment.
- Knowledgeable in Windows Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of UCSB Policies & Procedures
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
For full consideration, please include a resume and a cover letter as part of your application.Job Functions/Percentage of Time/Duties
Payroll - 50% - Daily
- Processes payroll for over 400 student employees. Processes corrections and changes, as they relate to bi-weekly payroll. This includes separation actions in UCPath for processing.
- Processes pay rate changes in UCPath as they relate to student positions.
- Verifies student hours in Kronos for job code, length of shift, breaks, etc. and updates student managers with missed daily punches for corrections at their unit.
- Checks timekeeping reports for accuracy of hours for eleven units.
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with accounting personnel and other campus departments.
Personnel - 40% - Daily
- Processes hiring for employment of 400 students, with a high volume at the beginning of each quarter. Performs student employee data entries in UCPath.
- Maintains student employee personnel files according to University policies and procedures. Tracks student employee hours according to University policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee database information and files.
Administrative - 10% - Daily
- Provides administrative support to the Supervisor.
- Communicates in various methods, including verbally and in writing, with Managers and Student Managers regarding student personnel actions, including hires, promotions, transfers, unit separations from student position/job, and related topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of California endeavors to make https://jobs.ucsb.edu accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Katherine Abad in Human Resources at 805-893-4664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Privacy Notification Statement
The State of California Information Practices Act of 1977 (effective July 1978) requires the University to provide the following information to individuals who are asked to supply information about themselves: Application: The principal purpose for requesting information on the Application is for applicant-tracking purposes and to collect applicant contact information. Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form: Information furnished on this form is requested by UCSB's Affirmative Action Office. The University of California, Santa Barbara is a Federal contractor and, therefore, must comply with Affirmative Action regulations issued pursuant to Executive Order 11246, Federal Revised Order No. 4, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974. Furnishing the information on this form is voluntary. There is no penalty for not completing this form. The offices responsible for maintaining the information supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) STATEMENT FOR PERSONS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA: As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") is designed to provide you, as a person in the European Economic Area, with information regarding the types of personal information that the University of California's Human Resources departments and offices collect about you. The Privacy Statement can be found at: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/gdpr.html.nformation supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
Notice of Availability of the UCSB Annual Security Report
The University is committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" (Clery Act), UCSB publishes an Annual Security Report to provide information regarding campus safety and security policies, crime statistics, and resources to current and prospective students and employees. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes reported to Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property, and on public property adjacent to and accessible from campus. The report also includes campus policies concerning crime prevention, crime reporting, alcohol and drug use, sexual and interpersonal violence, student discipline, and other matters. To access the Annual Security Report, visit www.police.ucsb.edu/asr. A copy of this report may also be requested by contacting the UCSB Police Department (call 805-893-3446 or visit 574 Public Safety Bldg., Santa Barbara, CA 93106 during business hours). To learn more about the Clery Act and CSA duties and reporting requirements, please visit www.police.ucsb.edu/clery-act.
Apply on company website