The Research Administrator position will support the administration of the Developing Belief Network, funded by a 5-year $9.6 mil grant to Dr. Rebekah Richert from the John Templeton Foundation. This research initiative is designed to bring together an international network of scholars interested in cross cultural study of the development of religious cognition and behavior, and as such, has a heavy administrative burden. The Research Administrator will be an active member of a team, working collaboratively with PI's, Richert and Corriveau, with a Project Manager and Post-Doctoral Researcher at UCR, with a Post-Doctoral Researcher and Research Scientist at Boston University, and with IT representatives from Databrary. The Research Administrator will be responsible for developing an infrastructure for tracking and analyzing subaward expenditures and maintaining internal budget oversight. PLEASE NOTE - UC Riverside career employees who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of candidates from the campus is not identified, qualified candidates from the UC system, or external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization; communication skills; and a customer service focus.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Writing skills to draft persuasive text for variety of audiences.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Knowledge of grant funding processes, procedures and techniques.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website