This position is part of a USDA NIFA funded research coordination network (RCN) that is focused on establishing a national plan for native bee monitoring. The employee will work in an administrative capacity focused primarily on the following tasks: 1) organization and management of data sets, including their entry into SCAN; 2) co-organizing and co-running national meetings; and 3) authoring reports and other documents related to the RCN. This position is grant funded and duration of appointment will be determined at hire. The budgeted hiring range for this position is between $50,000 - $62,150. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Acquiring statistical analysis, systems programming, and database design skills to perform research analysis duties.
Acquiring knowledge of research function. Acquiring ability to perform research analysis duties.
Ability to effectively manage time and see assigned parts of projects through to completion on deadline.
Basic consultation and communication skills.
Demonstrated experience and expertise computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and office equipment.
Experience in data entry and management.
Demonstrated experience coordinating successful events, including coordinating logistics and adhering to protocol and budgetary constraints.
Must have advanced knowledge of bee biology, including bee biodiversity and associations with agriculture.
Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts when problem solving.
Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results; organize workload with close attention to detail; manage multiple tasks and timelines.
Ability to work as a team player and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Demonstrated experience drafting professional correspondence and proofing copy for correct grammar and accuracy.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website