For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at: Jobs at UCOP
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, five medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world. Learn more about the UC Office of the President
Administers and communicates the organization's employee benefits programs.
Applies benefit policies and procedures to resolve issues and to address questions.
Works in a collaborative manner with others across the organization to prioritize and complete multiple assignments on time. Prioritizes work assignments, conducts analysis and develops resulting recommendations.
Provides information on plan options, policy features, enrollment and other plan requirements. Provides training to departments on employee benefit programs, conducts workshops and revises/updates workshops as appropriate.
- Possesses analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Has knowledge of organization policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
- Shows comprehensive knowledge of the organization's employee benefits function and programs and can address unique circumstances as well as routine situations.
- Demonstrates skill in conducting limited analysis and in writing and speaking clearly, comprehensively and effectively in order to provide information and some interpretation of programs to managers and employees.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to perform, analyze and audit complex benefit calculations within unit deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively compose correspondence and communicate ideas, policy and benefit program guidelines to a varied constituency across the UC community and to external third parties.
- Applies knowledge of regulations in order to assure compliance with UCRP and Regulations, UC policy, and pertinent Federal and State regulations including FMLA, Medicare, COBRA, HIPAA, the IRS Code, Probate Code, privacy laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other relevant rules and regulations through application of appropriate controls.
- Comprehensive and thorough historical knowledge of the UCRP plan document, operational procedures, membership types, impacts of offsets, and how they impact a division of benefits under the plan and QDRO requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training in a retirement benefits plan or accounting environment. 1-3 years of job related experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: $32.57 / hour
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: Benefits of Belonging
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position. Background check process at UCOP
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014. UC Smoke & Tobacco Free Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. EEO/AA Employer UC Nondiscrimination Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at: email@example.com.
Apply on company website