Under general direction of the Manager for Analytics and BI, the Data Analyst provides analytics/BI solutions to meet user needs for enterprise-level technology service delivery. Works with teams to produce reports that provide valuable data insight for all areas of the business. Effectively collaborates across technology teams and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma.
Perform analysis tasks on internal business systems. Evaluate the internal technical needs of an organization and recommend solutions. Define the system and functional requirements. Assess available technologies to create development specifications. Develop and modify internal application, operating, or database systems. Create detailed test cases and may be involved in testing to analyze results. Document all programming and systems changes.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for designing, creating and executing analytical products including standard reporting, custom reporting, import/export data files and simulation models. Work with teams to produce reports that provide valuable insight for all areas of the business to enable continuous business improvements with current practices, products and services.
- Develop and execute standard reports, custom reports, and data files
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Initially validate results to ensure data integrity of the reports and/or files produced.
- Work with internal customers on custom data reporting and file requests to define requirements, create queries to meet requirements, conduct testing, and any import/export processes.
- Establish and document report data formatting, delivery methods, and maintenance procedures.
- Work with clients to establish eligibility data exchange and write data mapping specifications for custom file layouts. This includes testing eligibility data files with vendor, defining profiles, and documenting procedures.
- Support corporate initiatives and projects related to data requests and analytical products.
- Train internal and external users on reporting tools and provide ongoing support.
- Work with external customers and system vendors to coordinate data file transfers.
- Submit routine reports to internal staff and executive team as requested.
- Collaborates with Technology Resource Center technology trainers to deliver scheduled and just-in-time training opportunities and knowledge transfer for support specialists and end users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, and/or Statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3 years of experience authoring SQL queries and using report writing tools (Tableau, Power BI).
4+ years in a data analyst role.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Technical expertise with data modeling, database design, and data mining. Technical expertise with data modeling, database design, and data mining. Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy. Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional. The successful candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to facilitate team interaction and client meetings effectively. Ability to work independently or with specialized group and maintain courteous attitude in dealing with students, faculty, and staff. Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision. Ability to effectively communicate including reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English to a wide range of needs and audiences. Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry. Adheres to and complies with UCO's shared values and the Office of Information Technology's Code of Ethics. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apply on company website