Hours per Week:
Assist Staff and Volunteers at HOPE Center warehouse.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Assist donors making donations of clothing, household items or food
- Assist staff and volunteers sorting and placing donations in the warehouse
- Assist clients in selecting items for their families
- Help load trucks with items to be taken to HOPEfully Yours resale shop
- Assists Warehouse Manager, Food Room coordinator, Clothing Room Coordinator and other staff as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
In order to be considered for the federal work study program (FWSP), you must be approved for work study through the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
Federal Work Study (FWS) student employee enrollment requirements are the same for Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters (5 for graduates and 6 for undergraduates). If the enrollment level of credits available for the student's program or major is less than the minimum for eligibility the student shall obtain a letter from his/her advisor stating such for documentation.
Fall/Spring Semesters: All student employees must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible to work any UCO student position. Half time enrollment for Fall/Spring is considered 5 hours for graduates and 6 hours for undergraduates. International students shall be enrolled full time to be eligible to work as a student worker. Full time enrollment is 9 credit hours for graduates and 12 credit hours for undergraduates.
Summer Semester: All student employees must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours to be eligible to work a regular student position. Students not enrolled in summer classes must be enrolled in Fall classes in order to work on campus, but they (and the department) will be required to pay FICA taxes.
If the number of hours needed to graduate is less than the minimum hours required to work, the student must obtain a letter from his/her academic advisor, stating the number of hours needed to graduate, to be submitted to Human Resources. This obtains to both regular and Federal Work Study positions. Call the Human Resources Department for further information.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn the mission and programs of the HOPE Center of Edmond and must be able to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with frequent group participation
- Good customer service skills
Lifting/Carrying: Heavy work: routine lifting of a maximum of 50 pounds. Frequent standing, and/or walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload schedule and verify FWS eligibility
Apply on company website