Hours per Week:
Provide in-person and/or online academic tutoring to students. Maintain an effective and positive learning environment.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Tutors will assist students with understanding course material presented in class, develop better study habits and review materials for assignments and exams.
Fall/Spring Semesters: All student employees must be enrolled at least half time to be eligible to work any UCO student position. Half time enrollment for Fall/Spring is considered 5 hours for graduates and 6 hours for undergraduates.
Summer Semester: Undergraduate Work-Study students must be enrolled in 6 hours to work on campus and Graduate Work-Study students must be enrolled in at least 5 hours. All other students must be enrolled in at least 3 hours to work on campus. Students not enrolled in summer classes must be enrolled in Fall classes in order to work on campus, but will be required to pay FICA taxes.
If the number of hours needed to graduate is less than the minimum hours required to work, the student must obtain a letter from his/her advisor stating the number of hours needed to graduate. Contact Human Resources for further information.
- Student Tutors must be History and Geography majors and minors; must have successfully completed the course they are Tutoring; received a grade of “A” in at least two of the subjects in which they are offering tutoring.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Detail oriented.
- Required character trait: Dependability, thoroughness, and initiative.
- Have sensitivity of intercultural communication, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Will be personable and able to communicate ideas to others and manage confidential information in a professional and ethical manner.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Resume, Cover Letter, and Transcript are required.
Apply on company website