Join the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, as we undergo a major expansion of our current program! We are seeking two Assistant or Associate Professor level candidates, to join our current 3 physicians and NP in our expanding peds neurology program.
Apply online at: https://umb.taleo.net/careersection/umb_faculty+and+post+docs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900003C&lang=en
- Superb working environment
- Collaborate with experts in neuroradiology, behavioral pediatrics, neuropsychology and the Shock-Trauma Center
- Exciting opportunities to work with faculty of the Neuroscience Graduate Program located on the Medical Campus
- Strong inpatient and outpatient epilepsy practice with ability for inpatient monitoring
- State of the art 52-bed Level IV NICU
- 19 bed PICU
- 6 bed IMC
- 29 general pediatric beds
- 20 bed Pediatric Emergency Department
- U.S. News & World Report top 50 Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery Center!
- Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Certification in Child Neurology
- J1 or H1B waiver Physicians welcome to apply!
- Very generous leave package
- Dependent tuition remission for any school within the University of Maryland system
- Excellent pension/retirement plans
- Very competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Call schedule not more than 1 in 4
University of Maryland Children's Hospital has a renowned Children's Headache Program and a continuous Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. Identifying suitable candidates with additional training in Epilepsy is a major focus of this recruitment effort. We have recently expanded our critical care, cardiac, and neonatology services providing opportunities for career development. An NIH funded program project grant on interventions for neonatal hypoxia-ischemia with or without inflammation is opening new opportunities for translational and/or preclinical research. Our Division of Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrics is also expanding, which will offer additional opportunities for collaboration.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Apply on company website