As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Cardiovascular Division at the University of Minnesota has established a regional and national reputation in imaging based on clinical care and research. The Division is now recruiting a cardiologist, in the clinical scholar track, to expand this mission as a member of the Cardiovascular Imaging section. The candidate will work closely with the Cardiovascular Division and Imaging Section faculty to expand the Universitys imaging clinical and academic missions.
- Join a multidisciplinary team of 30+ Cardiologist
- 80% Clinical role with 20% protected research time
- Clinical efforts will include imaging lab, University and outreach clinics and general hospital service.
- Call: Home Call with fellows as primary during overnights
- Our faculty plays an active role in teaching and mentoring
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Competitive compensation commensurate with community standards
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Applicants must have an M.D. or equivalent degree and have demonstrated high level qualifications in education, research and clinical care.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA internal Medicine board certified or board eligible status, Cardiology Board certified or board eligible.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver.
- Required area of expertise include general clinical cardiology and advanced training and expertise in cardiovascular imaging. Experience in Nuclear cardiology and PET is preferred. Candidates should have experience in leading or supporting imaging medicine post-graduate fellowship training. Candidates should be recognized for provision of clinical excellence and a publication track record of successful imaging clinical research, evidence of prior leadership in clinical program development and ideally have demonstrated national imaging medicine leadership and/or service.
- Applicants must have the ability to receive work authorization in the United Sates from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Medical Center is the teaching hospital of the University of Minnesota Medical School and a 1,932- licensed bed facility. Located on the banks of the Mississippi River near downtown Minneapolis. The medical center offers a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services. As one of the most respected academic medical centers in the nation, University of Minnesota Medical Center balances responsiveness to patients' needs with access to innovative treatments and technology, delivering superior health outcomes. University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is a thriving community of nearly 3.5 million people. We have a strong, diversified economy, excellent education system, and a high quality of life that can be enjoyed during all four seasons. Its a great place to live, work and raise a family. Its home to 17 fortune 500 companies, four major professional sports team and is second to New York in theatre seats. University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
M Physicians offerscompetitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physician...
Apply on company website