Clean all aspects of assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, offices and equipment, to meet Hospital and Department standards in order to promote the quality of care rendered in the environment. Move equipment, furniture, boxes, etc. and remove and hang blinds and curtains.
- Make beds, following established cleaning procedures in all patient discharge rooms and on-call rooms as assigned.
- Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair, report problems to the supervisor.
- Replenish paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in all locations of assigned areas to assure adequate supply.
- Clean all assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, toilets, procedure rooms, offices and equipment, following established procedures.
- Maintain assigned equipment in clean, working condition, reporting problems and suggestions to the supervisor.
- Remove trash from all assigned areas.
- Follow all safety and sanitation regulations.
- Move equipment, furniture, boxes, wash walls, spot carpets, etc. as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED or one year previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED or successful completion of the 5-week EVS training program.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete housekeeping duties.
- Ability to use housekeeping equipment.
- May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored.
- No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website