UPMC Western Maryland is searching for a Telephone Operator, Part-Time 64 hours per bi-weekly pay, Shift - Friday thru Monday 11:00pm-7:00am
Under direct supervision, serves as the main point of contact with the public and with all hospital departments in routine as well as emergency situations.
- May train new operators.
- May be required to do system data entry on request.
- Provide service to multiple answering service clients utilizing individualized protocols.
- Process appropriate emergency code or STAT page.
- Initiate voice pages when required.
- Provide Physician on call information to requesting individuals.
- Use required phrasing at all times when answering telephone calls.
- Provide dialing instructions to patients when requested. Answer multiple lines while maintaining good customer service.
- Determine callers requirements (extension desired, information requested, etc.) and transfer call.
- Provide status report on any page in progress to the individual requesting the page.
High school graduate or equivalent.
1 year of experience answering and processing calls through automated phone system or 1 year of customer service experience.
Must be able to work all shifts, 7 days a week. Ability to interpret procedure manuals (i.e., fire, trouble, disaster, etc.).
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website