If you're looking to make an impact with your analytical skills, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a Procurement Analyst who works with cross-functional teams to provide analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives.
The Procurement Analyst conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for a specific commodity or commodities. He/She also assists with improvements to current processes as well as the implementation of new processes to maximize efficiencies.
The Procurement Analyst provides user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within Procurement Services. He/She may also develop and maintain relationships with UPS customers and vendors. Additionally, the Procurement Analyst would work closely with multiple functions as both a contributing member of the team and as an observer, with the intention of learning the procurement process at a more detailed level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps to develop category implementation plans to ensure continuous process improvement
- Creates complex spreadsheets, documents, reports and presentations using e-procurement tools
- Reviews and updates supplier catalogs for accuracy to support the buying function
- Maintains and contributes to weekly and monthly reporting
- Supports Buyers in their daily functions as needed
- Performs economic research and prepares analyses (e.g., negotiable spend, supplier financial analysis, Total Cost of Ownership, financial models, etc.) to identify qualified suppliers and evaluate supplier reliability
- Supports team in identifying ways to reduce costs through competitive sourcing initiatives
- Supports and enforces Procurement policies to ensure compliance
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled at identifying basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department and business unit results; demonstrates ability to use multiple methods to measure performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Understands basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Recognizes basic impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technological barriers; maintains appropriate technological knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Experience with vendor sourcing – Preferred
- Experience with negotiations – Preferred
- Experience with contract management – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website