Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Finance Specialist – Tamworth, UK
We are looking for a Finance Specialist to join our UK Finance & Accounting team with the role based in Tamworth, UK.
The Finance Specialist will help position Finance firmly in the 'business partner' role, supporting local Operational Managers and providing financial insight to UK and Regional finance staff.
What you'll do:
- Business planning reviews.
- Cost planning and analysis.
- Month end closeout reporting.
- Weekly financial Forecasting and attending associated Region review meetings.
- Maintain local financial governance and control.
What you'll need:
- Strong analytical ability
- Confident in own abilities with excellent communication skills
- Self starter with the ability to work under pressure and exercise own initiative.
- Between 3 and 5 years previous experience in a finance role supporting profit centre managers.
You will possess a degree in Finance or be at or close to finalist level for a recognized UK professional accountancy body (CIMA/ACCA/ACA). Knowledge of logistics operations is an advantage but not essential. Some UK travel is required.
What you'll get:
- A competitive salary
- A fast-paced working environment in the engine room of the global economy
- First-class opportunities for career progression – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy'
- Excellent benefits package including company pension, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple), cinemas and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
- Onsite parking
During the current COVID 19 outbreak we are enabling all staff to work remotely from home providing all necessary equipment.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Apply on company website